Thursday 5 May 2016

REFLECTION



NAME: LEE SUH SHYAN
MATRIC NUMBER: SIB150015
Before I talk about this course, actually there were many volunteering programs came into my mind before such as AIESECSukarelawan ReaderAjar-ajar, etc. I was quite interesting in these programs, BUT I refused to join it. Because I felt that once I JOIN, I have the responsibility to give the commitment. But I’m not sure whether I can fully commit or not? If not, I have no point to join it.

         When I heard Social engagement, I was thinking this the chance that I can make some contribution to the society. It gave me the initiative to involve in volunteering programs because it is a compulsory so I don't have the excuse like "I don't have time", "I scare I can't catch up my study, once I join.", etc. This was the good beginning for me. 

         At the preparation stage, there are many things we need to consider, as a treasure, my duty is managing the money.As we know that treasure is the easiest job among the high committee. I don't have to do paperwork or plan program activities, only need to collect the money and spend it. EASY RIGHT? But it is not that easy, the work is more to responsibility. The responsibility to collect the money from all group members (luckily, all of my members are corporate, they give me on time) ,the responsibility to “take care” of the money (start from that moment, I always put my bag at my side)…. Because MONEY is most importance thing, without money we can't travel from the University of Malaya to MRSM Pendang, Kedah.

        During the event days, I was paired up with Sze Yun to be the facilitator for group 12 (Black Ace), the first runner-up group. Yayy..  In the group, I try my best to lead them in every activity. We conducted some activity that inspires them to become a GOOD person(Grand Chase) and input some knowledge of science in their mind. Actually, I am a closemouthed people when I met a stranger. But now I managed to talk to the stranger after this event. No ones are perfect.

There were many things that people at MRSM ( Headmaster, Teachers ,Students,..) inspired me a lot. I would like to appreciate " social engagement" to give me a chance to make a change in my life. I also like to thank my beloved group members that made this event succeed and gave the BEST memories in my uni life.Last but not least, I also want to appreciate our course facilitator, Dr. Selvi, for guiding us to complete this mission.


"Social engagement" is a volunteering program that can build up our soft skills to become a useful person that not only good in academics. 

 "It's not the depth of your intellect that will comfort you or transform your world. Only the richness of your heart and your generosity of spirit can do that"

- Rasheed Ogunlaru

 Therefore, I will start to join the volunteering program after this.


No comments:

Post a Comment