Saturday 7 May 2016

Reflection - Chong Jhuang Hung SEM150008

Name : Chong Jhuang Hung
Matric. number : SEM150008

University courses are the courses whereby every undergraduate has to take regardless whether they like it or not. As a student who determined to put his heart and soul into the study of physics, honestly I allocate the least time and effort in these courses. In order to make my credit hours full, the course Social Engagement is the only choice I have to match with my schedule while I have no plan and no idea what the course is about. Fortunately there's a detailed briefing on this course and at the same time I was burdened by the 48-hour requirement of this course in engaging with the social. The group members are proactive in taking action such as contacting every possible parties and holding meetings.


The 7-hour journey to Kedah seemed to be a tiring one, but unexpectedly the time goes faster with books and comfortable seats of the bus. The students at there are also unexpectedly friendly and sporting as they surprised us by singing the national anthem and institution song exceptionally loudly and proudly. I am happy that been given the chance to be the "booster" as this is something you don't get to do when you get older. Engaging with the students reminds me of the days I was at their age, their problem solving skills and creativity are much higher than my expectation. I feel proud of my team members who become the champion of the games held during the 2 day event.


Time passed fast during the event, again the 7-hour trip is still faster than I expected with the accompany of book and friends. Engaging with the student is fun and hopefully our engagement with them is able to inspire and aspire them as the title says. Engaging with the students, which is an important part of social is something I never done before, and I believe this kind of engagement need to be promoted because it acts as an vital connection between people coming from different places and background.There are still student who texted me 2 weeks after the end of the event, portraying their respect towards the organizer. I would like to thank the head organizer of our group, who put uncountable effort in making this event a successful one, and also every other members assisting him to ensure the planning and aftermath of the event run smoothly, not forgetting Dr Selvi and Dr Goh who traveled all the way to Kedah giving a talk and guided us patiently.



PS:I'm the left one from your view 

No comments:

Post a Comment