Wednesday 4 May 2016

REFLECTION


NAME: CHIAM HAN CHENG

MATRIC NUMBER: SIB150009


From the whole journey beginning from the selection of venue, which was finally chosen to be conducted at MRSM, Pendang, until the very last part of the social engagement project, it is undeniable that the processes that we gone through had really helped me to grow a lot. From someone that used to be only interested as a camp participant (a camper), I have now gained more interest to involve myself in the management level more than ever before. The joy and fun of managing a programme is really something that you have to experience it by yourself to truly understand the sensation, words alone is not enough to describe it.

There is really a lot of things to be considered, faced and prepared before conducting the programme, all the things require the co-operation and helps from each of the member in order to make things happen. As a team, we are moving forward together, encountering all the obstacles together, basically, facing everything together. This makes me to be more solution oriented because unexpected situation sometimes came up from nowhere, and also making me realize how important is friendship in order to solve certain problems faced. Besides, each of the member also tried their best to assign a time to attend as much meeting/workshop session as possible despite of burdening jobs that we all are having during the time. This is really what makes me feel touched and making me more motivated to continue all the preparation jobs together. During the preparation stage, every one of us had been assigned a role to be during the programme, such as, facilitator, head of discipline and many others more. As for me, I was being assigned as the head of the facilitator and also the emcee of the programme, together with me, Athilia was also another emcee of the programme. I was so worried if I can brings up the atmosphere earlier, as it was my really first time doing things like this.

During the programme, it was undeniable that I felt so awkward and shy to speak in front of so many participants at the beginning, well, its human instinct I’m sure, and I admit that I did a quite bad job at the beginning where I have to brief and explain what this programme is about and the timetable of the day to all the participant, I talked so awkwardly and umm…ugh…never mind…I told myself that it was just the beginning, I still can change my performance(hopefully), and it’s here where I learnt to control my self-emotion and to be braver standing in front of peoples.

Fortunately, the situation where having me to host is not as awkward as what I expected afterward! I felt more confidence toward myself from time to time. Actually, previously I had some really dark experience on stage where I make myself looks so awkward and stupid during my school days, that caused me to have phobia to stand in front audiences/participants, but in the same time, I’m so envy of those who are capable to speak in front of peoples and bringing the atmosphere up, interacting with the audiences etc and I really hope that I can be someone like them one day later. I have to admit that I’m not as good as the professional emcee outside there (of course), but at least, I managed to find the courage in myself to stand and speak in front of so many participants again, and the sense of achievement is totally not what can be described by words alone. Trying to bring up the atmosphere is not an easy job, and there is still a lot of things for me to learn, as soft skills like this is not meant to be trained or implanted in one self within days, it requires practices and experiences. Although I was not assigned to be facilitator of any team, but seriously I can felt the activeness and the passion of the participant toward the whole programme. The energetic faces of the participants while doing the group cheers and missions/games is what motivate me to present the best part of me for the programme.

Besides that, I am also playing the role of time moderator during the programme, where I have to urge the teams to complete their mission on time, and also remind them the current time. It teaches me to be more aware toward time management and also the importance of following up the schedule planned, so that the programme would not be spoiled and giving the best fun and joy experience to the participant.

After the programme, despite of the tiredness, I felt so emotionally energetic and motivated. Surrounded by groups of energetic people indirectly makes you felt more energetic too! I have also learned how important discipline is and is totally impressed, by seeing the high discipline level implanted on every single participant, discipline is what makes us succeed in doing whatever good things we are doing.



Thank you everyone who are involved in this project! This memory will surely last forever in my mind! Go go go!

No comments:

Post a Comment