Wednesday 4 May 2016

RELECTION KHOR HOCK GUAN SIB150012



   

NAME: KHOR HOCK GUAN
MATRIC NUMBER: SIB150012

  For me, at the beginning of the project, I was thinking about why University have this social engagement course, this course just a burden for the student and wasted our precious time. Since it was the university course, I had no way but to take this course. Then, I was divided into a group based on the course. After that, a lot of things such as meeting and discussion had been proceed to decide the location that we can carried our social engagement. After a series of discussion, my group had decided do a camp at MRSM Pendang, Kedah as it was the best plan because it can be completed in one shot and not need to o several times to fulfil the assigned hour.

  
  After the decision was made, we started to prepare. A lot of workshop and preparation had been done. From here, I knew that organised a camp was not a easy task. It needed many preparation such as negotiated with MRSM, props and planned a series of activities. After everything was prepared ,we departed to MRSM Pendang, Kedah to organise the camp.

   
  During the camp, I was surprised that my communication skill in malay or english was not good as I though .It was something that cannot learned from book, it was something that you needed to practice all the times, and involved more in the event so you will have the chance to meet others and practiced your communication skill. How I realised? , because I found that I face some difficulties to communicate with the Mrsm students. I can’t talk fluently in malay. As a University students and I was Malaysian, I feel that it was very shameful. From here I also knew that it not mean once you enter the university you were everything, we just only more lucky compared to other. IF you feel that you were everything once you enter university that mean your mind already limited in the area of university only. I also realised that why university introduced this social engagement course, the university wanted us involved more in society rather than the examination only. We as university student, we should gave a hand for those who need help, we should contributed to the society not just examination only. We should wider our mind to the society.


  Lastly I had learned many things and most important I found that our bonding between course mate had been strengthen. It may due to we all involved in the camp and all of us inside the heart want to success this camp. Because of this spirit, we all had been bond together strongly, we face the problem together and make decision together. A seed called “FRIENDSHIP” had been planted deeply into our heart. I believe that all of us will remember that ‘the precious time that we spent together at MRSM Pendang, Kedah’ until the end.


  Thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment