Thursday 5 May 2016

REFLECTION BY SUE AMELYNA AZMAN ( SIB150052)


" Social Engagement ? What is that ? Does that course even exist in our course registeration list ? " Well , i'm still remember clearly when i first heard about this course . At that time , my credit hour had already reach it maximum which is 19 out of 20 . It will be crazy if i apply for extra credit hour because it will be the toughest semester as there are a lot to study about my registered subject . But as majority of my coursemate are taking Social Engagement on this semester , i convince myself to challange myself to apply for extra credit hour and i've registered Social Engagement course successfully which also makes my credit hour of total 21 . 

On the first class that Dr Selvi held , i was introduced about the course . What i mainly see is all about engaging ourself to other people or i can say as strangers . I have a deep thought about it because i was thinking that if i, myself are not good enough to my friends or even my own family , what makes me deserve to serve the community ? As time goes on , we held meetings and discussed what to do for our project and in the same time , i slowly learn what is it about engaging ourself to the society . At last , we had come to a final decission by choosing MRSM Pendang , Kedah as our destination to held camp involving us as the fasilitator and the Form 2 student . We only have about 2 weeks to prepare for the camp and that really test our teamwork among our coursemate ( including 4 Pure Physic student ) . Imaging for the past semester , we always see each other but we barely speaks or even says hello to each other although we are coursemate . But starting from the preperation week , by hook or by croock we need to communicate with each other in order to prepare a wonderful programme's flow, equipment and activity . From that , i was  surprised that we can sit in one table and makes jokes with each other, dancing together , eat together and even play together . This proof that although we all are from different races , it is not an obstacle for us to communicate with each other and have fun together .

On the day of the camp , I was paired up with Ah Boon . We made up a good teamwork in handling our group named as Rangers by proof that we achieved top 5 over 12 groups . The student of MRSM Pendang are very intelligent and they are beyond my expectation . By that , i also gain my leadership skill in assisting and communicate with them . I realised that i am able to deliver the instruction of LDKs , game and even plan strategies with them to compete with other groups and what makes me feel even more glad is that they all are quite attached to me and they feel comfortable by having me around them . On the Talent Night , i throw away all my shy-ness and try to give them ideas to act in front of their entire friend and we all are satisfied with our acting. There are also a time when we gathered in the hall , we ran out of ideas on how to control the crowd while waiting for the arrival of VIP . As the student are getting hype , i took the microphone and held some simple games so that they are not bored while waiting for the VIP . I realised that being able to do critical thinking is important in critical situation . I felt pleasure when the crowd are able to enjoy and laugh when i was controlling that moment and they in fact want to do more even after i said that the VIP are almost arrive .


On the last day , i felt really sad because i am going to be apart with them . 3 days of camp is surely a short period of time because i already felt close with them and engage with them . On the fasilitator section , i held a mandate of fasi and i sit with them and share my experience with them . I told them that if we feel that we are brilliant enough , there are more people outside that are more incredible than us regarding how awesome the school or institute that we are attending and always remain modesty in ourself . I even ask them to write letter as a memories and their letter are very motivating , sad and even cute and i still keep them as my memories .

Through this camp , i realised than we dont live for ourself only . We live for ourself and even other people . In this earth , there are ourself and other people ( society ) . I always imagine that if i was very selfish and dont serve the community , how would i be ? I took an example . During my mom are giving birth to me, what if she doesnt get any help from the doctor or midwife during the labour ? I might never exist in this world and do good things for my family and religion . I believe that every religion taught us to give people something that we also receive by means is serving the society . Social Engagement are definitely a course that had opened my eyes about the value to interact and giving the society regarding what our status are :)


No comments:

Post a Comment