Sunday 8 May 2016

REFLECTION BY ROSNADIYA BINTI ROSLI (SIB150061)






                           ROSNADIYA BINTI ROSLI

                                       SIB150061




Sosial engagement is a university course that all students must be take it. Sosial engagement is a course that students need to do activities in a teamwork. The activities performed should be relavant with another society like give some feed to society of bum(gelandangan) in Kuala Lumpur, visit an orphan home or do some activities with them and so on. The best part about sosial engagement is it does not have quiz, test and final exam. Although it is no exam but it’s pushing hard because we have to prepare a proposal and sent to relavant authorities for approval of their discretion to implement the activities in there. We also have to update all activities in our blog.

At first, it never crossed in my mind to take sosial engagement but I need also take it for this semester and drop another university course because this course is in teamwork. Actually, I really do not know sosial engagement is what about. Then first meeting with Dr Selvi that she explains what should we do for this course. After discussion, I decides to choose MRSM Pendang in Kedah although it is far from University of Malaya but it’s okey because it provides food and lodging during our there. 

One week before we go to MRSM Pendang, a lot of preparation to do such as preparing the hampers, dance “zumba”,”gummy bear” ,”merdeka” for our aerobic. Then create some cheers for MRSM Pendang, cheers for University of Malaya. This can be make the program more interesting  and fun. We always back through the night to do preparation.

On 7 April 2016, we took long journey  about 6 hours. We started our journey at 2.30pm and reach at Kedah about  9 pm. We stayed in homestay near with MRSM Pendang.  That night,we gave some briefing about games, LDK and the layout of the event.

During the event at MRSM Pendang, I was very nervous to introduce myself in front of 121 students form 2. I as a facilitator for a group “ALL BLACK”  should always focus on activities, talk nicely with them,give some idea for their cheers, and give proper instruction in LDK’s activities.  In the stations games, I had to take untalkcable part of game where they just only can show the action to their team without any voices and the team need to think what the idiom about. For the next game was  grandchase game that I had to keep recycle part where they required to collect the rubbish and they would get right money from me. That night before the closing event, I got a good feedback from my group”All Black” about Inspire The Aspire program.


On 10 April 2016, the last day we in Kedah, we met the principal of MRSM pendang to give appreciation for allow our program with form two students although they have exam on that week. Each of us also got a gift from MRSM Pendang. Small handkerchief. So cute.



                      


                                             My group-:"ALL BLACK"


That’s my challenge and experience as a facilitator during the program.So I can conclude the sosial engagement is the best course than the other university course because it give a lot of experience to me to implement any programs. Besides that, sosial engagement also closer our coursemates relationship. Futhermore, it has added my confidence  skill communicate infront of people. Then,it teach me to manage the time with the activities and study because before I went to the MRSM Pendang on 7 April 2016, I got a test and from that situation I can manage my time properly.Lastly, thank you to my teammates that gives cooperation to this program.

THANK YOU..!




No comments:

Post a Comment