Sunday 8 May 2016

Reflection by Fazrul Farhan


Name: Fazrul Farhan Bin Mohd Amir

Matric No: SIB150011  


Assalamualaikum everyone and Good morning, afternoon and evening. After a lot of thinking, I have decide to post about my reflection doing the Inspire The Aspire.

Before:

In the begining of semester 2, I had register the Social Engagement because my lecturer told me to do so. The course required the student to plan a program and execute it. The materials science students decide to do Inspire The Aspire at MRSM Pendang. I was a little bit worried if we can pulled this off. Plan a program was difficult and actually doing it was hard. 

During:

I was nervous the whole time during the program. I reminded myself not to do something ridicule. The hardest part was waking up early in the morning. The second hardest part was staying awake the whole day. Followed by staying hydrated and follow the schedule of the program.

I had a great time doing the activities with the students. During a big game, I was stationed at certain place. I had to wait the student to come to the station. I learned that great things will come to those who wait. Watching the student perform the task during The Grand Chase was certainly entertaining. In The Grand Chase game, the students were rewarded for performing job. Real reward will be given to those that do honest work but in a small amount. Illegal work will be given false reward in a large amount. I learned that doing a honest work with a strong heart is the biggest reward.


Group 5 was assigned to me. I had to take care my group member. This was uncomfortable task. As a guy who does not talk much, this task remove me from my comfort zone. We introduced ourselves and get to know each other. We decided to name our group BLAZER. The BLAZER group member are great people they have a strong bond among themselves. I thought that I could never be close to them but I was wrong. They welcomed me with open arms. How pessimistic. Maybe I am a pessimist but that does not mean I cannot be optimist. The students existence in BLAZER make me wiser and be more optimistic. I can see the way they see and I can learn the way they think. I am still growing. Maybe not physically but mentally I am growing. There wasn't any doubt when I realize I have a lot to learn. You can learn anything from anyone as long as they have a different perspective.

After: 

Every good thing must come to an end. Inspire The Aspire had inspire me to be someone greater. MRSM Pendang was a good place to start. I am ready to see the people from all over the world. Everything I do in my life was either I have to do it or I was forced to do it. I never feel free to do something based on my will. This program has been my starting point to do volunteer work. I also cannot force myself to do volunteer as it is the opposite of the volunteering. 


Thank you for reading. I have a lot to say but I do not know how to share it properly. So see you soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment